Golden words ( by Manish):
“Ruby on Rails (ROR) allows you to write less code while accomplishing, more than many other languages and frameworks. This property of Rails make it best language used for making “MVP“. So, it is a great choice for “the Entrepreneurs”.
Don’t Repeat Yourself: DRY
The DRY principle aims to reduce code repetition much as possible so that it becomes easy to make any improvement/modification in the development cycle.Convention over configuration:
Rails come with a set of conventions which help developers to speed up development.
Also, RESTful :
Another characteristic of Rails is the emphasis on RESTful application design. REST (Representational State Transfer) is a style of software architecture based around the client-server relationship.
Why should Use ROR:
- Fast Development: The vast collection of open source code available within the Rails community so the process of programming is much faster than with other frameworks and languages.
- Code Reusability: The Rails conventions make it simple for developers to jump between different Rails projects, as each project will tend to follow the same structure and coding practices.
- Support RAD Model: As the ROR framework makes it easy to accept changes, so Rails is good for Rapid application development (RAD).
- Easy to Read & Easy to KT & Self Documented: Ruby code is very easy to read and mostly self-documenting. This increases productivity, as there is less need to write out separate documentation, making it easier for other developers to pick up existing projects.
- Has the BDD / TDD support: Rails have developed a strong focus on testing, and has good testing frameworks.
- Fully Open Source: Rails and most of its gems (libraries) are open source, so No Licensing Costs involved.
- Yellow Pages
- Channel 5