Ringing Bells,, a little-know Noida-based company, has launched the Freedom 251 smartphone in New Delhi on 17-Feb-2016. At the launch, the company said you can buy the Rs. 251 smartphone by booking on the official website freedom251.com from 6 am on February 18 to 8 pm on February 21.The deliveries, however, will be completed four months later – by June 30, 2016. This article covers Freedom 251, which might be the cheapest smartphone in the world, its specifications, What are the concerns about Freedom 251,Why is it so cheap and How to Book?
Specifications of Freedom 251
On Surface of it Freedom 251 seems good. Specifications are given below.
- Operating System : Android
- Android Version : 5.1 Lollipop
- Processor : 1.3 GHz Quad Core
- RAM : 1 GB
- ROM (Internal Storage) : 8 GB
- Expandable Memory : Upto 32 GB via a microSD card.
- Front Camera : 0.3 MP
- Rear Camera : 3.2 MP
- Screen Size (Display) : 4″ Inch with a resolution of 540 pixels by 960 pixels.
- Battery : 1450 mAh
- Price : 251 Rupees Only
- Dual-SIM 3G capable phone. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, FM. Sensors on the phone include Proximity sensor.
- The Freedom 251 smartphone ships with a number of apps pre-installed on it like Women Safety, Swachh Bharat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and YouTube.
- The phone will come with a standard warranty of 1 year. According to the company’s website, “this warranty of the product extends for a period of 12 months for the host unit, 6 months for battery and charger, and 3 months for earphone commencing from the date of purchase.”
The Freedom 251 looks like yet another iPhone clone, not only on the exterior (complete with the circular home button) but even the app icons appear like a rip-off of what’s found on iOS.